The NE556 dual monolithic timing circuit is a highly stable controller capable of producing accurate time delays or oscillation. In the time delay mode of op-eration, the time is precisely controlled by one exter-nal resistor and capacitor.
For a stable operation as an oscillator, the free running frequency and the duty cycle are both accurately controlled with two exter-nal resistors and one capacitor. The circuit may be triggered and reset on falling waveforms, and the output structure can source or sink up to 200mA.
- Low turn off time.
- Maximum operating frequency greater than 500kHz.
- Timing from microseconds to hours.
- Operates in both astable and monostable modes.
- High output current can source or sink 200mA.
- Adjustable duty cycle.
- TTL compatible.
- Temperature stability of 0.005% per oc.
- Supply Voltage(VCC):4.5 to 18V
- Maximum Input Voltage:VCC