DRV8825 Stepper Drive Board
The DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier is a breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The module has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers, so it can be used as a higher-performance drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications. The DRV8825 features adjustable current limiting, over-current and over-temperature protection, and six micro step resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It operates from 8.2 – 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
1. Simple step and direction control interface;
2. Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step;
3. Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems;
4. Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout;
5. Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection;
6. 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation;
7. Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB;
8. Module size, pinout, and interface match those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers in most respects (see the bottom of this page for more information);
9. Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates;
10. Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay);
11. 45 V maximum supply voltage;
12. Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed).